O yes, o yes, I are here. I know half of them must have bet I wouldn’t come back, and rest of them.. well, they have a life and better stuff to do. Let’s get started.
Day 2 – nine loves
First of all, for people who think this post is gonna be all about my crushes and relationships and family.. I hate to break the bubble, there’s not much of that. I know, the minute most people hear the word ‘Love’ they go gaga thinking about their crushes, about those moments they think they fell for that someone at those first glances; The latest ring or dress their boyfriend got them, their childhood ‘best’ pals and few of them will even say they are in ‘love’ with their favorite movie stars. My take? You have gone brainsick at some point in your life, if you think you are one of the latter! Yes, we do love people, we even ‘fall in love’ with them, more than once sometimes. But I feel love is not just about that. About loving people. You love yourself. You even ‘love’ things that you do. You ‘love’ music.. some selected genre or artist maybe. You ‘love’ them. And I say that because they help you with self-realization. They help you connect with yourself. They please you. Those ‘loves’ make every breath of yours count, and they make your life worth living for.
1. my sister; I know I haven’t been a good brother in years, but I am making up for that. I really am. For it’s always her smile, that gets me smiling; Her laugh, that makes me happy; Her love, that peps up my life and makes me wanna go achieve all my dreams in life.
2. my Mumma; and that’s not because she gave me birth, but because she has always paved the path for me to become the person of my dreams.. OUR dreams. And she might not be with me at times, but I know it’s just because she wants me to stand on my two feet and be the man, responsible for his own stuff.
3. my family; for bearing with all my wrongs and cherishing with me all those joyous moments of my life. Among them, I always feel safe, and loved, of course. Just knowing that one of them will always be with me every time I need someone, makes me happy and satisfied with everything I do.
4. the people close to my heart; and when I say that, I know that they know that I am talking about them. I keep saying it to them. We share(d) moments that for sure will be treasured until eternity, if not cherished all of them. In fact, I end my conversations with most of them with a ‘I love you’.
5. my sleep; I do. I find answers to most of my life’s mysteries (read ‘miseries’) when I am asleep. Though many of those answers are gone when I wake up but I like to know I had them once. And that one thought suffices enough to get me through any long, tiring day that follows.
6. the sky; I can keep looking at it for hours and not get bored of doing that. It soothes my eyes. However, I never exactly know what they are keeping looking for out there. No, definitely not aliens! Also it calms my soul and gives me peace.. the night sky, for most of it.
7. soft music; It lets me walk in and out of my world whenever I want to, whenever I need to. All I have to do is put on my earplugs, close my eyes and lie down on bed and I will forget all my fears and anxieties for the next hour or so.
8. writing; I know you must be thinking I can’t really claim to do that because I haven’t been writing for a while, but it’s just that I feel comfortable penning down my feelings. I believe it’s more effective an influence and lasts longer.
9. my mobile; There! I said it! And I mean it! It helps me connect with the people I love and those who are at far away places. My mobile and I share memories, most of which are really worth savoring. I never delete any of my messages. I always have a backup log.
Those right above, are my nine loves. See you tomorrow.